The last 5 months have been a whirlwind of events. The main event being the birth of our son Jackson David Ray. Many of you know that he was supposed to be born via induction on January 7th of this year, however Jackson had other plans for us. To make a long story short, Jackson's heart rate dropped every time I had a contraction at my December 27th appointment. The doctors determined that he was not going to handle traveling through the birth canal well and recommended a C-section. I really didn't want one, but I had to do what was best for him.
The doctors at the University Washington Medical Center did a stellar job of keeping me calm. Jackson was born 20 minutes after they informed me that they needed to do a C-section. My little guy was born DARK purple which was a bit scary for us. His cord was wrapped around his body and neck. Once his cord was cut he "pinked up" instantly and started crying. Once I heard his cry, a instant calm came over me. The doctor's told me he weighed 4 pounds 14 ounces and HEALTHY! I was so happy! It was determined that Jackson was 35-36 weeks opposed to the 37 weeks we thought. Jackson did not need to go go the NICU at all! December 28, 2011 is definitely up there with one of the best days of my life!
 |
| Jackson David Ray born December 28, 2012 at 3:24am weighing in at 4 pounds 14 ounces and 18 inches long |
Jackson had a mild case of jaundice that raised some concern towards the end of our hospital stay. I was discharged on New Years Eve but Jackson needed to stay one more night for some light therapy to break down the bilirubin that was causing the jaundice. Needless to say we had a very unique New Years Eve, but we wouldn't have had it any other way!
 |
| Jackson in his light bed. |
 |
| Jackson rocking his "sun glasses." |
Jackson was released on New Years Day. What a great way to start off the year. Our journey as a family had begun.
 |
| Jackson in his car seat in the room we lived in since he was born. |
 |
| Our new family!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment